Education Reform: Laptops, personalized learning replace lectures in schools
Education Reform: June 21st, 2012, Via eSchool News
Education Reform: From wire service reports
Education Reform: Read more by staff and wire services reports
Last year, Kim Crosby spent about 80 percent of her class time teaching math concepts at Waukesha STEM Academy in Wisconsin. For the other 20 percent, she helped students individually.
This year, that time was reversed: 80 percent of her class time was spent moving from student to student; about one-fifth continued to be a standard lecture format. The rest of the direct-instruction materials she wanted students to see, she assigned them to watch or read at home.
“To me, this makes more sense,” Crosby said.
When it comes to challenging traditional ideas about how schools should operate, this two-year-old charter school is building a reputation with a curriculum that focuses on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and where student schedules can change every day
To Discuss how these Solutions will add value for you, your organization and/or your clients, Affinity/Resale Opportunities, and/or Collaborative Efforts, Please Contact:
Tom McDonald, firstname.lastname@example.org; 608-788-5144; Skype: tsmw5752