Decision Cycle – A Breakthrough Question
Decision Cycle: © 2012 Leland Russell | FastTime® Solutons LLC, All rights reserved.
Two years ago, a client asked a question that really fired our neurons.“How do you increase both the quality and speed of decisions at all levels of your organization?” It’s taken two years to sufficiently answer that question and the result is The Decision Cycle™ Methodology.
Now let’s consider the “how” part of the question, which leads us into systems thinking. To achieve faster, smarter decisions at all levels of an organization, you need a whole system perspective. Piece-meal just doesn’t cut it. You have to understand and align the dots and you have to see decisions as a continuous cycle occurring over time, rather than as a static snapshot.
- Define – Frame the question, problem or opportunity.
- Generate / Compare – Explore and assess multiple alternatives
- Decide / Plan – Choose the best alternative and define action steps.
- Implement / Monitor – Take action and track the results.
- Review / Adjust – Think about your results and why and course correct.
- Virtual Tools / Processes – to streamline and accelerate the processes.
- Collective Intelligence – to make smarter decisions with greater buy-in.
- Decision Ownership – to ensure urgency and accountability.
- Trust Behaviors – Trust opens the door for honest communications.
- Participant Behaviors – Pace and quality require proactive participants.
- Cognitive Behaviors – Interrogate reality from multiple perspectives.
The Decision Cycle™
The Decision Cycle™ is a methodology for making and executing faster, smarter decisions.
It has three dimensions:
• Decision Enablers – the means by which you achieve faster, smarter decisions.
To Discuss how these Solutions will add value for you, your organization and/or your clients, Affinity/Resale Opportunities, and/or Collaborative Efforts, Please Contact:
Tom McDonald, email@example.com; 608-788-5144; Skype: tsmw5752