Solution Sales: The End of Solution Sales
Solution Sales: Artwork: Chad Wys, Thrift Store Landscape With a Color Test, 2009, paint on found canvas and frame, 42″ x 34″ x 2″
Solution Sales: The hardest thing about B2B selling today is that customers don’t need you the way they used to. In recent decades sales reps have become adept at discovering customers’ needs and selling them “solutions”—generally, complex combinations of products and services. This worked because customers didn’t know how to solve their own problems, even though they often had a good understanding of what their problems were. But now, owing to increasingly sophisticated procurement teams and purchasing consultants armed with troves of data, companies can readily define solutions for themselves.
In fact, a recent Corporate Executive Board study of more than 1,400 B2B customers found that those customers completed, on average, nearly 60% of a typical purchasing decision—researching solutions, ranking options, setting requirements, benchmarking pricing, and so on—before even having a conversation with a supplier.
and Listen to an interview with Matt Dixon.
Tom McDonald’s Comments:
Check this out:
- Sales Presentation Toolset
- Improve retention of your message by up to 38%
- Reduce the time taken to explain complex issues by up to 40%.
- Advance participant persuasion by as much as 43%
- Be perceived as more professional and Develop audience belief
- Sway your audiences beliefs up to 67% more
- Achieve your goal up to 67% of the time vs. 33%..A 100% Increase!
olutions will add value for you, your organization and/or your clients, Affinity/Resale Opportunities, and/or Collaborative Efforts, Please Contact:
Tom McDonald, email@example.com; 608-788-5144; Skype: tsmw5752