Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS)
Intelligent Tutoring Systems: This was a recent Linkedin, Intelligent Tutoring System, dialog within The Learnertainers Group:
Intelligent Tutoring Systems – My Post:
Intelligent Tutoring Systems: Using Al to improve Training Performance and ROI mcdonaldsalesandmarketing.biz. Traditional CBT systems are incapable of providing intelligent, individualized coaching, performance assessment, and feedback students need to acquire broad and deep expertise.
intelligent Tutoring Systems: In addition to working in the field fo T&D for about 7 years, I am near completion of my graduate degree in Training & Development at Roosevelt University. One of our assignments it to find blogs that we find interesting and share out post with our school’s blog (rutraining.wordpress.com). As a strong proponent of active learning (topic of my final research paper for the MATD program:), I found your article extremely interesting.
I have not yet heard of an ITS? Who makes these systems and what is the average cost? Do you have any examples of businesses who are currently using this product and the results (positive and negative) that they encountered?
Thank you very much,
Thank you for your post and for your interest in Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS)
Since this is a comprehensive topic, I’ll give you some highlights here.
If you would like to discuss in greater detail please let me know:
(1) Feel Free to share my blog or any of its posts with anyone who may find each item interesting ( www.mcdonaldsalesandmarketing.biz )
(2) ITS’s are one to one, learner focused, learning performance improvement technologies, that are utilized with often times very difficult content, but always, where it’s critical that content is learned to mastery or fluency (Mastery produces people who have the adaptive reasoning skills required to effectively apply knowledge to new situations).
(3) ITS’s are most often used in medicine, safety, sales and government applications [certifications, CME, CEU] where fluency is essential (bomb defusing, e.g.) There is either a very positive upside resulting from fluency (think bettered sales, medicine, safety), or there there is a very negative downside eliminated ( think errors in medicine, safety)
(4) The learning performance improvement technology, with your critical content, integrates one-to-one, research proven, learning methodologies to ensure individual information mastery.
(5) ITS’s can be custom built (expensive, as you can imagine), or they can be ready made applications that can be customized, if necessary, by circumstance (best value). Cost is highly variable and is based upon the degree of customization requested and required to assure the desired outcomes (e.g. are simulations necessary; http://mcdonaldsalesandmarketing.biz/category/simulations/ ?)
This is a readymade ITS:
(6) ITS’s routinely include these learning performance improvement outcomes (I) Bettered Learning; a. Retention to mastery/fluency, b. Behavior change through accountable reinforcement, c. Improved application, d. Advanced individual performance and e. Advanced organization performance
(7) ITS’s routinely include the ability to monitor, coach and assess individual performance improvement progress and outcomes
(8) ITS’s routinely include integrated communication tools that can be utilized for ongoing, individual coaching, tutoring, and mentoring.
(9) The best ITS’s are built with advanced learning methodologies as their core components. Then they incorporate tracking and delivery elements for functionality
(10) In my experience, the only negative to overcome is the mindset that there is nothing currently affordable and available to ensure individual mastery of critical information.
(11) Individual learning, retention and performance outcomes are dramatically improved.
The following learning performance improvement results have been documented:
(a) Learning Retention bettered, up to 239%
(b) Content Creation streamlined, up to 50% faster (because the accelerated/advanced/individualized learning performance improvement components, are designed into the technology and do not need to be separately designed into the content)
(c) Advanced English Learners pass rates up to 78%
(d) Advanced Special Education learners pass rates up to 50%
(e) Advanced Traditional education learners pass rates up to 100%
(f) 11% less study time
(g) 22% less test time
(h) 95%-100% higher test scores
(i) Return on Investment (ROI), economic validations, have ranged between 800% and 4,000%+
Please let me know if I can add to your ITS understanding.