Sales Training: Come On, Dave. Who’s The Best Sales Trainer?
Sales Training: Posted on February 11th, 2010 by Dave Stein
When I tell them that’s not a question I can easily answer, many offer to pay me just for providing them with “just one name.”
If they press me for an answer I take a deep breath and say…
I first need you to tell me just a bit about the company seeking the best sales training firm:”
- What do they sell?
- How do they sell it?
- How well do they sell it?
- Why do they win?
- Why do they lose?
- How long is their sales cycle?
- Is it a complex or transactional sale?
- Do they sell to committees or individual buyers?
- What resources are required to support a rep?
- How do their buyers buy?
- Who are their competitors?
- What’s their go-to-market strategy?
- How are leads generated?
- What percent of market share do they own?
- What are their business goals and objectives for the coming quarter, year and three years out?
- How well is the sales team performing? What percentage of sales reps are at or above quota?
- What processes and tools do they currently have in place?
- What geographic territories do they cover? In what languages? With what local cultural requirements?
- How is the company structured?
- What about their sales channels?
- What compensation and incentive approach do they employ?
- How well do the first line managers manage?
- What gaps exist in management skills and capabilities?
- Do they coach effectively to a process?
- What analytic and measurement systems are in place?
Related Sales Training Information:
Learning Optimized, Behavior Changed, Performance Advanced
My deliverables to you are: (I) Improved Learning Outcomes and Increased Competence; a. Retention to fluency (95% vs. 28%), b. Behavior change through accountable reinforcement, c. Improved application, d. Advanced individual performance and e. Advanced organization performance.
You will ensure that every person reaches true mastery* in the shortest amount of time. Mastery* produces people who have the adaptive reasoning skills required to effectively apply knowledge to new situations.
*Mastery is required where appropriate information application is critical to achieve a desired outcome; For example, Education: K-12, Higher, Corporate, Government; Medical; Medical Continuing Medical Education – Performance Improvement; Safety; Sales Performance; Aviation; Military; Individual Certifications and Individual Continuing Education.
McDonald Sales and Marketing, LLC, Specialties:
Appropriate Application; Behavior Change; eLearning; Employee Selection and Employee Development; Human Capital Management; Individual Performance Improvement; Learning Performance Improvement; Learning Retention and Reinforcement Improvement; Organization Performance Improvement; Workforce Development and Productivity; Verbal Skills Simulation and Reinforcement; Sales Performance Improvement; Web-Based (SaaS/Cloud) Solutions
To Discuss how these Solutions will add value for you, your organization and/or your clients, Affinity/Resale Opportunities, and/or Collaborative Efforts, Please Contact: